Vin Chicago Blog
Wine Tasting this Saturday - 3/18
Wine Tasting Event Naperville, Chicago, Highland Park, and Barrington
Please join us for our weekly wine tasting this Saturday, March 18th, from 12:00 - 4:00! Every Saturday, all four Vin Chicago locations pour a diverse selection of the hottest new wines from our monthly newsletter. This week's tasting table includes a compelling Chenin Blanc from France, a 92-point Catena Chardonnay, the return of perennial favorite Espelt Garnacha, blow-out pricing on a Chateauneuf-du-Pape, the triple 94-Point Fontalloro Super Tuscan, and Dow's LBV Port!
In addition, our Elston Avenue store will host a special guest winemaker, Drake Whitcraft, to pour his latest releases of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from his family's estate in Santa Barbara County. The Whitcraft Winery is more than 30 years old and a pioneer in the Central Coast wine scene. The winery specializes in single-vineyard (and even single-clone) expressions of Pinot and Chardonnay, and our in-store tasting will offer a fun side-by-side tasting of four Pinot Noir bottlings from Pence Ranch Vineyard from four different clones. No reservation required, so stop on by between 1pm and 4pm to meet with Drake and taste his exceptional wines!
Check out the entire list below for all four locations (CLICK on a wine to read the full tasting notes) and stop in Saturday afternoon to taste with us while you shop!
- Clean Slate Mosel Riesling 2015
- Domaine Le Bergerie "Les Pierres Girard" Anjou Blanc 2014
- Catena "Appellation Series" Tupungato Chardonnay 2015
- Castle Rock "Kristy Vineyard" Monterey County Reserve Pinot Noir 2014
- Espelt "Old Vines" Emporda Garnacha 2015
- Fattoria di Felsina "Fontalloro" Tuscany Rosso 2012
- Bodegas Caro "Amancaya" Mendoza Gran Reserva Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Domaine Paul Autard Chateauneuf du Pape Rouge 2012
- Dow's Late Bottled Vintage Port 2011
We look forward to seeing you!Last modified on